It is the commitment and dedication of NAMI-McHenry County volunteers that has provided assistance to individuals and families living with mental illness for over 28 years.
Come join NAMI-McHenry County and become one of our ambassadors for help and hope. We are always looking for volunteers who are interested in helping others and giving back to our community.
We are currently taking applications for persons who are interested in co-facilitating a class or support group.
Programs we are seeking volunteers for are:
- NAMI Basics – looking for parents/caregivers who’ve raised a child/adolescent with mental health challenges
- NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group Facilitator – looking for a person living well in their recovery to facilitate weekly peer support groups
- NAMI Family-to-Family – looking for parents/family members who have an adult with a mental illness in the family
- NAMI Family Support Group Facilitator – looking for parents/family members who have someone that they’ve parented with mental health challenges
- NAMI Peer-to-Peer – looking for persons with a diagnosis that are living well in their recovery and would like to help others find what recovery means for them.
We offer free training provided through our affiliate. If you’ve experienced mental illness either as a person with a diagnosis or as a family member and you’d like to help change people’s lives by co-facilitating a class or support group, please contact Marihelen at 815-308-0851 to request an application today!
Please pass this information on if you know someone who might be interested in volunteering for these positions.
We also seek volunteers to help us with these other opportunities.
To help with our:
- Planning Committees
- Assembling materials for classes
- Cataloging resource materials in our NAMI Library
To set up for:
- Booth Displays
- Support groups
Marihelen Prideaux, NAMI Administrative Coordinator