It is the commitment and dedication of NAMI-McHenry County volunteers that have been providing assistance to individuals and families living with mental illness for over 31 years.
Come join NAMI-McHenry County and become one of our ambassadors for help and hope. We are always looking for volunteers who are interested in helping others and giving back to our community.
We are currently taking applications for persons who are interested in co-facilitating a class or support group.
Programs we are seeking volunteers for are:
- NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group Facilitator – looking for a person living well in their recovery to facilitate weekly peer support groups
- NAMI Family-to-Family – looking for parents/family members who have an adult with a mental illness in the family
- NAMI Family Support Group Facilitator – looking for parents/family members who have someone that they’ve parented with mental health challenges
We offer free training provided through our affiliate. If you’ve experienced mental illness either as a person with a diagnosis or as a family member and you’d like to help change people’s lives by co-facilitating a class or support group, please contact Phyllis Seyler or click HERE to print out an application today!
Get the word out that Volunteers are our Passion and Backbone of what we do!
We are seeking volunteers to help us with these opportunities:
- Planning Committees
- Assembling materials for classes
- Cataloging resource materials in our NAMI Library
To set up for:
- Booth Displays
- Support groups
Phyllis Seyler, Program Manager