Find Support with NAMI
Whether you or someone you love is affected by mental illness, NAMI can offer you help and hope. Support groups provide friendship and understanding in a caring and sharing atmosphere. Talking with others who have been there can help provide you with insight, knowledge and coping skills.
With NAMI, you are not alone.
Whether you or someone you love is affected by mental illness, NAMI can offer you help and hope.
With NAMI you are not alone.
We offer a variety of support groups to help you find a place where you can experience this first hand.
Our groups follow strict guidelines which peer facilitators make sure the group adheres to.
We want everyone to feel comfortable to share anything they would like to share, but do not require participation in order for people to attend. Someone could sit and listen to the rest of the group until they feel comfortable to share themselves.
- We limit time for “check-in”.
- We ask that everything that is said in the room, stays in the room.
- We are respectful even if we disagree
- We are mindful of others and do not allow one person to monopolize a group or allow side conversations.
- We try to keep it in the here and now.
- And we empathize with each other’s situations.
We follow 12 Principles of Support and know that individuals move through 3 Stages of Emotional Response. We meet people where they are and offer encouragement for where they want to go.