All One on One Support is via phone or zoom
Go to our Client Intake & Assessment page to begin.
Recovery Support & Family Advocate
Professional guidance to assist in building skills needed to improve well-being and increase quality of life.
Is One on One Support Therapy?
No, One on One Support is offered by someone who has experienced or is supporting a loved one with mental health and/or substance use challenges and has been able to recover and live a fulfilling life. Recovery Support Specialists and Family Advocates have “walked the walk.” Therapy is provided by other professionals like psychologists and psychiatrists. One on One Sessions at NAMI McHenry County are offered at no cost.
How can a Recovery Support Specialist help me?
- Model Recovery
- Encourage & motivate progress in recovery & independence
- Connect people to community and natural supports
- Facilitate Evidence-Based Mental Health Curriculum
- Guidance through Mental Health local service & systems advocacy
- Empower self-awareness and personal responsibility
- Inspire people to find meaning and purpose in life
How can a Family Advocate help me?
- Offer family members safety planning, talk support, and mental health education about their loved one
- Inform & connect families and individuals to local resources
- Submit mental health alert forms and record retrieval releases
- Provide Financial Assistance Forms from local townships and treatment centers
- Educate family members of their access rights & help navigate through mental health systems