ALL onsite 1-to-1 Support have been Suspended due to the pandemic. See online support available on our HOME page.
Recovery Support Specialists
- Model Recovery
- Encourage & motivate progress in recovery & independence
- Connect people to community and natural supports
- Facilitate Evidence Based Mental Health Curriculum
- Guidance through Mental Health local service & systems advocacy
- Empower self awareness and personal responsibility
- Inspire people to find meaning and purpose in life
Is 1-to-1 Support Therapy?
No. 1-to-1 support is offered by someone who has experienced mental health and/or substance use challenges and has been able to recover and live a fulfilling life. Recovery Support Specialists have “walked the walk.” Therapy is provided by other professionals like psychologists and psychiatrists.
How can a Recovery Support Specialist help me?
Recovery Support Specialists at McHenry County NAMI offer no cost to you individual mental health support and recovery sessions. We are a Professional guidance to assist you in building skills needed to improve well-being and increase quality of life.
RSS facilitate support groups which can be tailored to meet the group’s needs. They facilitate educational, evidence based classes to help people get well and stay well. They offer no cost to you mental health presentations at schools, churches, hospitals, and other organizations to educate the public. Recovery Support Specialists are advocates for stigma reduction and promote empowerment and responsibility for all community members at the local, state and national level.