All One-on-One Support is via phone or zoom
Go to our Client Service Request page to begin.
Recovery Support & Family Advocate
Professional guidance to assist in building skills needed to improve well-being and increase quality of life.
Is One-on-One Support Therapy?
No, One-on-One Support is offered by someone who has experienced or is supporting a loved one with mental health and/or substance use challenges and has been able to recover and live a fulfilling life. Recovery Support Specialists and Family Advocates have “walked the walk.” Therapy is provided by other professionals like psychologists and psychiatrists. One-on-One Sessions at McHenry County NAMI are offered at no cost.
How can a Recovery Support Specialist help me?
- Model Recovery
- Encourage & motivate progress in recovery & independence
- Connect people to community and natural supports
- Facilitate Evidence Based Mental Health Curriculum
- Guidance through Mental Health local service & systems advocacy
- Empower self awareness and personal responsibility
- Inspire people to find meaning and purpose in life
How can a Family Advocate help me?
- Offer family members safety planning, talk support, and mental health education about their loved one
- Inform & connect families and individuals to local resources
- Submit mental health alert forms and record retrieval releases
- Provide Financial Assistance Forms from local townships and treatment centers
- Educate family members of their access rights & help navigate through mental health systems