What is NAMI Basics OnDand? Is a six-session online education program, at no cost, for parents, caregivers and other family who provide care for youth aged 22 or younger who are experiencing mental health symptoms. NAMI Basics OnDemand is an adaptation of the in-person course offered in 43 states by NAMI affiliates. NAMI McHenry County offers a follow-up Parent Support & Resource Workshop.
What is Covered in the Course:
- The impact mental health can have on an entire family
- Available treatment options and therapies
- An overview of the public mental health care, school systems, and juvenile justice systems
- How to be an advocate for your child
- How to prepare for and respond to crisis situations
- The importance of taking care of yourself
Why Parent Support and Resource Workshop?
Parents can come to share stories, obtain additional resources, and connect with others who are facing similar journeys. Reinforce the lessons learned through NAMI Basics OnDemand with interactive discussions facilitated by a trained Facilitator. This six week 90-minute workshop offered at NO Cost includes childcare services for children 13 and under. Click ~ Print ~ Share
Questions? email@example.com or 224.512.4250