What We Do
WHAT NAMI ILLINOIS DOES
- NAMI brings the need of persons with mental illness and their families to the attention of legislators, service providers, medical staff, and the general public.
- NAMI protects the rights of persons living with mental illness.
- NAMI presses for added community support services.
- NAMI focuses on family-to-family and consumer-to-consumer support and interaction through support group meetings.
- NAMI Connection Recovery Support Program is a peer-based mutual support group program for individuals facing the challenges of recovering from any serious mental illness.
- NAMI provides training and educational materials for families, persons with mental illness and professionals.
- NAMI offers an annual educational conference.
- Family-to-Family education
- Basics education
- Peer-to-Peer mentoring
- In Our Own Voice presentations
- Ending the Silence presentations
NAMI Illinois Conference
Techny Towers Conference and Retreat Center
2001 Waukegan Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062
The NAMI Illinois State Conference brings together hundreds of family members impacted by mental illness, persons with mental illness, NAMI affiliate leadership throughout the state, and professionals in the field from across Illinois.
- If you plan to stay at Techny Towers, please be sure to make your reservation at the time you register for the NAMI Illinois Conference.
Continuing Education Units
- Social Work (MSW, LCSW)
- Professional Counselor (LPC, LCPC)
- Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, MISA I or II, PCGC II, CCJP I or II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, MAATP I or II, RDDP, NCRS II, CFPP I or II, CVSS II, CPRS I or II
- Techny Towers offers modest overnight accommodations (no amenities such as television, coffee maker or hair dryers) at $70 per night for single occupancy. You must make your reservations for Techny at the time you register for the conference. Click here to register for the NAMI Illinois Conference and to reserve a room at Techny Towers.
- Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel is a full-service hotel less than a mile from Techny Towers and is offering NAMI Illinois a group rate of $107 per night for single or double occupancy.
- Below is the custom booking link for NAMI Illinois’ block of rooms. Guests can also call the hotel directly at (847) 480-1900 and must reference the ‘NAMI Illinois Group 2018 Room Block’ to receive the discounted rate. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/NAMIIllinoisGroup2018
- The Sheraton will provide the following shuttle service for it’s overnight guests: