The National Alliance on Mental Illness-McHenry County (NAMI-MC) is a non-profit, volunteer-based organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for those whose lives are affected by mental illness.
- NAMI National website; www.nami.org
- Crisis Line: 800.892.8900
One on One Support*: (Currently provided virtually by Zoom platform until further notice)
Provided by a NAMI-MC Recovery Support Specialist or Family Support Advocate – for individuals living with a mental health condition and/or their family members. *This service is non-clinical and does not replace therapy or counseling
*Does not replace therapy or counseling
- Wednesdays @ 7:00 pm until 8:00 pm – Please register to receive a 2021 recurring link on the Family Support page (Family Support groups take place weekly virtually via Zoom)
Individuals Living With A Mental Health Condition:
- Wednesdays @ 2:00 pm until 3:30 pm
- Mondays @ 6:30 pm until 8:00 pm – Please register to receive a 2021 recurring link on the Connections page (Connection Support groups take place weekly virtually via Zoom)
NAMI Talks – Community Education – via zoom
Educational Presentation (Different topic each time) – Open to the Public with Community driven topics
EMPOWERMENT ZONE: IL Div. of Mental Health Recovery & Empowerment Statewide Calls:
Join us at the Community Resource Center, 620 Dakota St., Crystal Lake, IL.
- Recovery Empowerment Calls – 4th Thursday @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- 30 minutes of peer support and discussion will be offered after the Empowerment calls
An 8-session evidence-based educational program, at no cost to you, for adults with mental health conditions who are looking to better understand themselves and their recovery. Registration required.
An 8-session course, at no cost to you, for family caregivers of individuals living with severe mental illnesses that discusses the clinical treatment of these illnesses and teaches the knowledge and skills that family members need to cope more effectively. Registration required.
WRAP – (Wellness Recovery Action Plan)
8-week course, at no cost to you, for individuals (18+) living with mental illness taught by trained WRAP facilitators to:
- Develop a comprehensive, personalized and strength-based WRAP plan to help you achieve your recovery goals
- Manage symptoms yourself
- Improve your quality of life
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) &Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA)
At no cost to you, groundbreaking public education program which introduces participants to the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems, builds understanding of their impact, and overviews common treatments. Youth MHFA builds understanding of the importance of early intervention, and most importantly, teaches individuals how to help a youth in crisis or experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge.