QPR, Suicide Prevention Training
If your organization or business would be interested in hosting a MHFA evidenced-based class, contact email@example.com for details!
QPR, Suicide Prevention CLASS
What is a QPR Gatekeeper? A QPR Gatekeeper is anyone in a position to recognize the warning signs of someone who might be contemplating suicide. This QPR presentation will teach you simple suicide prevention techniques. Much like CPR or the Heimlich maneuver, the use of QPR may save a life.
Who should take QPR training? School staff, social workers, first responders, public officials, faith communities, staff of parks and recreation; anyone who works with people, regardless of their field of employment, can benefit.
- Across the country nearly 45,000 people die by suicide each year.
- Suicide is a Public Health Problem. Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death.
- In Illinois suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for people ages 15 – 34.
- 123 completed suicides each day. For each completed suicide, we can estimate approximately 25 people will have made an attempt.
- In McHenry County, suicide took the lives of 43 in 2017, 34 in 2018 and 25 in 2019.