Whether you or someone you love is affected by mental illness, NAMI-MC and others can offer you help and hope.
NAMI National website; www.nami.org
Crisis Line: 800.892.8900
Visit the McHenry Office at 620 Dakota Street in Crystal Lake to check out one of our books in our library.
Tell A Friend!
Click on any of the links below to be redirected to other resources in our community.
The information contained on this page is for general information purposes only. Although NAMI McHenry County may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including websites, NAMI McHenry County is NOT responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained on these sites and we have no control over the availability of those sites. Links from this NAMI McHenry County website to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by NAMI McHenry County of the parties or their products, services or material. NAMI McHenry County is NOT responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained with the site. The linked sites, are not part of NAMI McHenry County but rather a resource included for general information. Those site owners — not NAMI-MC — own the intellectual property rights to the material on the linked sites.
Recovery International gives people the tools to lead more peaceful and productive lives.
Recovery International offers meetings to men and women of all ages that ease the suffering from mental health issues by gaining skills to lead more peaceful and productive lives. In the last 80 years RI has equipped over 1 million people with tools to control behavior and change attitudes. Click HERE to visit the website.
Recovery International in McHenry County (for ages 18+)
Hope & Help
- McHenry County Mental Health Board The site provides a resource directory, Network of Care, with basic information on behavioral health issues, steps to gain access to help, assistance in working with provider systems, as well as a list of Funded Agencies.
- NAMI National
- NAMI Illinois
- Thresholds serves persons 18 and older who have mental illness and may also have substance abuse issues. Thresholds of McHenry County provides local housing and supportive services.
- National Institute of Mental Health Extensive information on mental health topics.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- National Council on Seniors Drug & Alcohol Rehab is an organization caring for senior citizens struggling with addiction.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD)
- NARSAD Artworks Museum-Quality Art Products by and on Behalf of Mentally Ill Persons
- National Family Caregiver’s Association
- National Mental Health Association
- Families for Depression Awareness
Government Agencies and Services
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- ADA Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center (DBTAC) http://www.adata.org/
- ADA / Key Bridge Foundation http://www.keybridge.org/
- The president’s Mental Health Commission http://www.mentalhealthcommission.gov/
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) http://www.samhsa.gov
- American Art Therapy Association http://www.americanarttherapyassociation.org/
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) http://www.aacap.org/
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) http://www.aamft.org/
- American Counseling Association (ACA) http://www.counseling.org/
- American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) http://www.amhca.org/
- American Psychiatric Association (APA) http://www.apa.org
- American Psychological Association (APA) http://www.apa.org/dHome
- Learn How to Become – (Employment Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities) https://www.learnhowtobecome.org/career-resource-center/careers-for-disabilities-abilities/